We know that a company’s most valuable assets are its employees. It follows that absence due to illness, ailments or injury, whether short or long term, can be very disruptive and seriously impact on your productivity, efficiency and profitability, particularly so in small to medium sized companies.
Absence through ill health and sickness costs UK industry over 40 million lost days and £12 billion a year, according to the latest figures.
The input of specialist occupational health support is a well recognised and very effective way of managing employee absence levels in general and individual cases in particular.
Seeking the help of a professional occupational health service partner like EEF Occupational Health Service, can play a significant role in reducing absence rates as well as in facilitating the earliest return to work of employees, to everyone’s benefit.
The sooner the better
At EEF Occupational Health Service, we know that early intervention is key. Our experience shows that the sooner action is taken, the better the chances of a full and speedy return to work.
We have extensive experience with small, medium and large organisations in the delivery of quantifiable and sustained reductions in sickness absence.
Our aims are to:
- Start early
- Assess and ensure prompt referral to appropriate specialists for treatment
- Case manage rehabilitation and assess fitness and capability to work
- Advise on return to work planning
- Advise on appropriate workplace adjustments where necessary
- Minimise your potential exposure to insurance and compensation claims and litigation costs during and post employment.